While I'm not above stealing ideas, this one gets credit. Annie pointed us in the direction first.
Last Friday, during the dinner party, I was complaining, as is my wont, about unrequited love. This seems like such a bad set up. All that anguish, frustration and so on. To which, my friend Annie said that the whole point is that all God deals with all day is unrequited love. He sits up there, loving everybody and being ignored or spurned or whatever. So, in effect, God is the perfect boyfriend. Want proof?
- He's always willing to listen to you, even if you walk him up late at night
- He's building you a mansion
- He makes the sun rise for you. Every day.
- No matter how mean you are to Him, He takes you back, no questions, the second you're ready
- He gives you flowers. All kinds. Every year.
- He's unbelievably patient
- He thinks you're great, even when nobody else does.